Best Pressure Washer Detergent and Soaps – Top 10 Reviews & Buyers Guide
Walts DIY is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Welcome to our review of the best pressure washer detergent. You can have the best pressure washer money can buy, but it’s only as good as the soap you use to do the actual cleaning. If, after pressure washing, you have noticed dirt, tough stains, and grime creeping back year after year, then it’s time to find a pressure washing detergent soap that works!
We have reviewed the entire range available and narrowed the search down to a top 10 list. We are confident you will find a pressure washer soap that suits your needs and will significantly improve what you already use.
Here’s a quick overview of what to expect in this best pressure washer detergent article:
Our article is split into 3:
- An easy-to-read comparison table where you can quickly compare the products side-by-side
- Written reviews for each one, and
- A buyer’s guide packed full of hints and tips.
Sound good? Let’s get going!Buy on Amazon
Comparison of the Best Pressure Washer Detergent
CLICK any image to see Ratings and Reviews on Amazon
|Top||Oxy Solve Total Outdoor Pressure Washer Cleaner||Click Here||4.9 / 5 (Best Overall)|
|Karcher Multi-Purpose Cleaning||Click Here||4.8 / 5 (Best Value)|
|Sun Joe SPX-HDC1G||Click Here||4.7 / 5|
|Briggs & Stratton 6826 Multi-Purpose Cleaner||Click Here||4.6 / 5|
|Sun Joe SPX-APC1G All-Purpose Heavy Duty Pressure Washer Cleaner||Click Here||4.7 / 5|
|Simple Green Oxy Solve||Click Here||4.4 / 5|
|Mission Automotive Wash Concentrated Pressure Washer||Click Here||4.6 / 5|
|AR ANNOVI REVERBERI ARDFW04 Pressure Washer Detergent||Click Here||4.5 / 5|
|Sun Joe Car Wash Soap||Click Here||4.6 / 5|
|Oxy Solve House and Siding Pressure Washer Cleaner||Click Here||4.5 / 5|
Further reading: Best Karcher Pressure Washer for the Money – Top 4 Reviews
Top 10 Pressure Washer Detergents – Reviews
1. Oxy Solve Total Outdoor Pressure Washer Cleaner 1 Gal. Detergent Bottle (Best Overall)
- This pressure washing cleaner is perfectly suited for removing all kinds of stains. You can eliminate dirt, bird droppings, and tree sap on your furniture and oil stain from different surfaces without breaking a sweat. It is unscented, making it perfect for those with allergies.
- This detergent allows you to clean several surfaces. You can work on wood, composite, vinyl, metal surface, aluminum surfaces, and many more. You can also get rid of the stains created by mold, algae, mildew, and moss.
- In case you are wondering how it works, it uses peroxide to clear stains and lift grime without relying on relatively hard chemicals. It is the best option when working on huge areas since it can clean up to 6,400 sq. feet.
- This cleaner is biodegradable and, therefore, safe for outdoor applications. It cannot negatively harm plants, wildlife, or your pets. It brightens and renews surfaces thanks to the peroxide component in the suds.
- However, while applying this cleaner, make sure that you stick to your electric pressure washer's low-pressure setting.
2. Karcher Multi-Purpose Cleaning (Best Value)
- Our next recommendation is this unique multipurpose power washer detergent from Karcher. Karcher is a renowned equipment and detergent brand, famous for providing a quick and easy-to-use cleaning solution.
- This detergent, just like a majority of others produced by Karcher, is specially formulated for your electric or gas pressure washer. It delivers a quick and thorough cleaning experience that other average detergents cannot.
- It is a highly concentrated pressure washer soap and can yield over twenty gallons of ready to use detergents. This is such a steal as you get to save money in the long run and since it is a multipurpose detergent, it can clean outdoor painted surfaces, including decks and driveways.
- Unlike most detergents in the market, it is biodegradable. You are advised to follow your pressure washer manual and stick to the detergent tank soap dispenser instructions for the best results. It is also worth mentioning that this detergent is compatible with home and garden pressure washers manufactured by Karcher and washers from other brands.
- It can also be used with a gas powered pressure washer.
3. Sun Joe SPX-HDC1G Pressure Washer Detergent
- Our third product is a rated all-purpose pressure washer cleaner from Sun Joe. It comes concentrated, just like the first recommendation, and can give you several gallons of ready-to-use detergents when appropriately mixed.
- This product is safe, given that it is biodegradable. You can stay rest assured that it will not harm your plants, pets, or birds. It can also act as a house washer thanks to its versatility. You only need to use a mop or brush if you do not need the services of a pressure washer.
- It can be used with all types and brands of pressure washers. The manufacturers can be reached by phone if you need help, making it one of the best options in the market. However, you must check your pressure washer’s manual before you start using it for the best results as many pressure washers need a soap nozzle.
- You can use this to clean exterior sidings, get surfaces ready for painting, remove stains from mildews, and many other applications.
4. Briggs & Stratton 6826 Multi-purpose Cleaner
- Briggs & Stratton is one of the biggest companies when it comes to power machines, cleaning equipment, and detergents. This multipurpose cleaner is a versatile option if you are looking for something that can clear dirt, mold, and grime.
- It comes concentrated and must be mixed with water to get ready to use detergents. One gallon can produce up to 16 gallons of pressure washer soap, making it highly economical.
- Keep in mind that this product is directly compatible with concentrated soap systems, and therefore, does not have to be mixed while using it with such. It offers a satisfying cleaning experience and can be used with any pressure washer.
- You can quickly restore and clean your patio, siding, and many other surfaces. Also, given that this product is manufactured by Briggs & Stratton is a huge plus. This company is one of the biggest and most trusted equipment plants, servicing over 100 countries. Therefore, a decision to purchase this detergent can never be in vain.
5. Sun Joe SPX-APC1G Pressure Washer Detergent
- This is yet another excellent pressure washer detergent from Sun Joe. It comes concentrated, just like the first recommendation, and must be mixed to get it ready for use. Sun Joe is committed to finding practical and economical cleaning solutions.
- One of the most significant considerations one needs to make when shopping for a cleaning detergent is its effect on the environment. Luckily, this product is biodegradable, making it a safe option, unlike detergents that rely on bleach.
- This product is also safe on metal surfaces. It is versatile and can be applied in different ways. You can choose to use a mop or brush to apply it on surfaces such as wood, brick, patio, and many others.
- Keep in mind that this is a universal detergent and can be used with any pressure washer. You should follow your washer’s manual and stick to the given instructions regarding the use of detergents.
6. Simple Green Oxy Solve Concrete and Driveway Pressure Cleaner
- Our sixth recommendation is a beautiful detergent from Simple Green. It contains hydrogen peroxide, which acts as the chief stain remover. Other components include surfactant blend, citric acid, Ethoxylated alcohol, and water.
- You can use it to clean driveways, walkways, patios, and masonry since it is formulated to clean tough oil stains, rust stains, grease, and exhaust build-up. You can also use this detergent for automotive fluids and tire marks.
- It uses peroxide instead of bleach, which is safe and friendly to the environment. It has an orally non-toxic formula, which adds to its overall safety. You don’t have to worry about your pets or general wildlife.
- Keep in mind that you can either choose to use a pressure washer or not, depending on the type of cleaning. It is unscented, and therefore, suitable for those who are allergic to strong smells or perfumes.
- The whole package weighs only 9.27 pounds, which is a huge advantage
7. Mission Automotive Wash Concentrated Pressure Washer
- This fantastic detergent from Mission Automotive is made for cars. It is, therefore, quite different from the options that we have reviewed. However, having made it to our list, you can be sure that it delivers.
- It is a highly effective pressure washer detergent that comes in concentrated form. It can be used by standard pressure washers, foam guns, and cannons. When mixed correctly, you can obtain up to 12 gallons, which is impressive.
- Many users are happy that this pressure washer vehicle soap offers deep cleaning without any residues. It has a highly effective auto wash soap formula that can eliminate any dirt, grime, salt, or build-up.
- This product is also easy to use since all you need to do is to dilute two capfuls per water gallon to get it ready. However, before applying it to the vehicle, you must wash the car with water. You can then use the detergent, scrub, and rinse.
- Lastly, this product is safe and biodegradable. It can be used on clear coats, gel coats, aluminum, and even rubber
8. AR ANNOVI REVERBERI ARDFW04 Pressure Washer Detergent
- In case you are looking for a concentrated detergent that will give you more than 20 ready to use gallons of detergents, this is the best one. It has a 1:30 concentration, meaning that you will end up with roughly 30 gallons.
- This product was specially formulated for washing fencing and decks. It is a safe option for the environment and vulnerable surfaces such as metals. Keep in mind that this is a professional-grade detergent that can be used for multipurpose applications.
- It gets rid of stains, leaving your decks and structures looking excellent. It can also be used for degreasing thanks to its potent formula. Ensure that you use a heavier cleaning dilution when working on massive projects such as engines, wheels, bumpers, heavy equipment, and tools.
- For heavy cleaning, you should have a mix of 1: 8, whereas for light cleaning, a blend of 1:30 will be enough
9. Sun Joe SPX-FCS1G-CRM Premium Snow Foam
- By now, you know that Sun Joe is a force to reckon with when it comes to cleaning detergents and solutions, given that this is the third product we are reviewing. Unlike the other variations, it comes with a mild scent for those who fancy pleasant smells.
- It is made with pressure washer concentrate formula, forcing you to dilute it before usage. On the bright side, it is quite economical and suited for cleaning large surfaces. This product is biodegradable and, therefore, safe and easy on the environment.
- If you are looking for a deep cleaning solution, this is the perfect one. It eliminates dirt and grime, leaving your surfaces sparkling clean. It is also versatile and can be applied in different ways. You can use a mop or brush when working on wood and bricks.
- Customers are advised to use a pressure washer form cannon attachment for the best results. Sun Joe offers customer support for any queries.
10. Oxy Solve Pressure Washer Cleaner
- Our last detergent is this fantastic pressure washer cleaner from Simple Green. It is specially formulated to eliminate stubborn grease stains in a range of surfaces such as Vinyl, Aluminium, Wood, Brick, and Rock.
- This product is made of premium ingredients such as hydrogen peroxide, ethoxylated alcohol, and citric acid. It is unscented to accommodate those who have issues with scented detergents. It can be used to clean house siding, including vinyl, aluminum, wood, brick, and stucco.
- It is also a good option if you want to clear stains made by algae, moss, and mildew, which are usually stubborn. The hydrogen peroxide in the ingredients is responsible for leaving your surfaces sparkly as opposed to other detergents that use bleach.
- This item also uses an orally non-toxic formula, which is all you need to keep your pets and plants safe.
Video: How to Use Pressure Washer Detergent
Pressure Washer Detergent Buying Guide
It would be best to look out for a few things when shopping for the correct pressure water detergent. Keep in mind that just like tools, these items differ in quality and results. Here are a few things that should be on your checklist:
Intended usage/ purpose
It would be best if you considered the job at hand before settling on a pressure water detergent. You should factor in what you would like to clean, the surfaces you want to work on, and whether you need the detergent for professional or general home cleaning.
From our reviews, you can establish that some detergents are best suited for cleaning sidewalks and driveways, whereas others work best when used on sidings. Also, some detergents are meant for cars only.
However, we highly advise you to settle on a multipurpose detergent to be on the safe side. Such options will save you money and time since they are suited for all types of cleaning.
Effects on the environment
It would be best if you weighed the impact that your option will have on the environment. We highly advise that you settle on a safe, biodegradable detergent. Remember that there are vegetation and animals around the areas that you will be cleaning.
All the recommendations in our reviews are safe, biodegradable detergents formulated with environmental-friendly ingredients. You should also avoid detergents that use bleach to clean surfaces. Ensure that you thoroughly scrutinize all the ingredients used in the formulation of the detergent. Look out for any toxic element that may harm the environment.
Type of detergent
This is perhaps one of the first questions you should ask yourself before buying a pressure water detergent. Several detergents are suited for different roles. Some cause very little foam, which may not go well with your cleaning purpose.
On the other hand, other detergents produce excess foam and can be used with a foam cannon. These are the best options for washing your deck or driveways but not foam your car. Therefore, make sure that you settle on a detergent that aligns with your purpose.
Detergent or soap?
Pressure washer detergent tends to be a more potent mix than just soap. It is also concentrated and lasts longer, and is rinsed more efficiently. Soap may leave residue, streaks, and smudges requiring additional cleaning by hand, and that’s not good news! To make your own DIY pressure washer detergent, you can start by mixing 1 gallon of water with ⅓ cup laundry detergent powder and ½ a pint household cleaner. If desired for general purpose cleaning, use vinegar also in the recipe to get rid of any odors that may be present on the surface being cleaned or if there is excessive dirt build-up around it.
Hard or soft water?
Another consideration is the type of water you have where you will be using the pressure washer. Harder water will wash quicker, but it does tend to leave streaks and smudges. Look for a detergent that is more suited to the water type you have.
The choice of brand is usually a huge consideration, especially for first-time buyers. Certain brands have managed to beat all odds and remain at the top. Others are also known worldwide for their premium products.
We would highly advise you to get a good brand and be loyal to it to prevent disappointments. We also understand that some people love brand hunting and shifting. However, ensure that you are careful while trying out different brands. If you are a first-time buyer, I would advise you to settle on any of the brands we have reviewed.
Customer reviews and feedback
The best way to know about a product is through listening to what customers and users have to say about it. Feedback is necessary since it depicts the product’s accurate information, away from what the manufacturer may have provided.
Therefore, before settling on a product, take some time, and look up what consumers have to say about it. Products with good customer reviews rarely disappoint, offering you value for your money. Also, take some time and look at the ratings of the detergent that you are eyeing. A good rating means that the product can live up to the standards that you want.
Know your pressure washer
Each pressure washer has different features, and knowing what your has will help you decide which detergent or soap to use. For example, Chemical Injection and Detergent Injection are phrases pressure washers manufacturers use to advise whether the model has a tank for chemical cleaners or detergents.
Look for other phrases, too, such as Unloaders or Thermal Relief. This reduces the heat buildup and pressure in the washer and will significantly increase the lifespan of the pressure washer.
It’s super important to know the max pressure your washer works at as this guides you whether you will be able to use a multi-purpose detergent on your vehicle or whether the pressure is so high it will cause damage.
Consider your environment, too. If you live in an area where sand dust is prevalent, a more light-duty pressure washer of around 1300 to 1900 PSI and 2 GPM will suffice. You don’t need to buy a more expensive model. These lightweight models are perfect for cleaning garden furniture, cars, boats, decking, and patios.
A medium-duty pressure washer rated at around 2000 to 2800 PSI and 3 GPM is ideal for areas that suffer high pollen counts. Mildew, mold, algae, and grime all build up over time, and the slightly more powerful pressure washer will be ideal for keeping your residence looking great.
Most pressure washers come with a variety of nozzles, which impact the soap or detergent you choose. Here are the different types of nozzles and their uses:
0° – has the most power and highest concentration
15° – is ideal for heavy-duty cleaning
25° – perfect for general maintenance around the home
40° – less pressure makes it suitable for cleaning surfaces susceptible to damage, such as paintwork.
65° – lowest pressure making is perfect for soap and other cleaning agents.
Other considerations include the availability and type of scent or lack thereof. All in all, make sure that you settle on a detergent that will help you achieve what you want.
Best Overall pressure washer detergent went to the Oxy Solve Total Outdoor Pressure Washer Cleaner as it’s environmentally friendly, with no bleach, and multi-purpose. Our Best Value award went to the Karcher Multi-Purpose Cleaning. Although a branded make, it is good with any make and model of pressure washer so long as you follow the manufacturer’s advice and guidelines.
Here are some other articles you may like:
Best Pressure Washer Hose for the Money – Top 10
Best Pressure Washer for the Money – 7 Reviews
Here are our Favorite Karcher Pressure Washers
CLICK any image to see Ratings and Reviews on Amazon
|Top||Karcher K5||Click Here||4.9 / 5 (Best Overall)|
|Karcher K1700||Click Here||4.7 / 5 (Best Value)|
|Karcher K2||Click Here||4.5 / 5|
|Karcher 11073840 G2900X||Click Here||4.6 / 5|
- How to Select the Best Drill Bit For Your Project - November 29, 2021
- The Benefits of Leaf Blowers for Yard and Garden Maintenance - November 15, 2021
- The Best Paint Stripper for Concrete | Reviews and Buying Guide - November 12, 2021